Thursday, March 20, 2008

ミックスするクラス

I think it is a pretty creative idea to mix students from different sessions. However, to be frank I felt I actually learned "less" in the class. Here are my reasons:

Although it is a great idea to mix the students, however, how to assure the efficiency of class is still seems to be challenging for both Sensei and students. First, on the sensei's side, this kind of form requires sensei to be more encouraging for students to overcome their shyness and practice with new partners. Also, it requires sensei to be highly sensitive to mix students from different sessions as well as students on different levels. Second, on the students side, I think it might take more time for students to get used the person's way of speaking/ thinking from another section. Therefore, it might reduce the pace of the class. That's basically how I felt during the practice session.

On the other hand, as I just said, it is a new thing for everyone to get used to and it is quite understandable that as of now it takes some time for sensei and students to get used to that. I am still pretty optimistic about it and I think communication during the class is not only one of most important issues for a class, but also is of great significance to learn a foreign language. So let's just wait and see how it works.

At last, even though I did not feel I learned that much compared with the Kaiwa sessions before, I still wanted to thank everyone who made the mix session so much fun and I really looking forward to seeing more of you SOON!

2 comments:

Yamen Hamaヤーメン・ハマ said...

CHEN-SAN!!!!! My blog post about Piano was NOT my speech draft hahahahaha...that was a とても古いpost! lol. Thanks for the comment though! I just posted up my REAL speech draft.

今、ミックスするクラスについて話す。I kind of agree. The pace was slower and it is difficult to overcome that shyness factor; however, I think the point of the mix WAS to be slow, hear new styles of talking, and break out of what we are used to.

I think, to be honest, perhaps it was just the fact that you got a あまりよくないpartner that made the experience bad. I'm sorry for that :)

My partner was とてもいいand I actually learned something good.

He taught me "どっちでもいいよ”

I hope 次の時 is better ね?

Sato said...

I see your point, and I agree that for some shy people, to perform as well and comfortablly as usual might have been hard. But at the same time, it is always good to think about "real situations." You won't always be talking with people you feel comfortable talking in the future. Hope in Wed class, you had いいれんしゅう!